To comply with the vaccination scheme and hold it in a good veterinary clinic is only half the battle. It is also very important to choose the right time for the procedure and to properly prepare for her cat. The rules about vaccinated cats read our article.
- Vaccination is carried out only on animals with strong immunity. The efficacy of vaccination is directly linked with the functioning of the immune system. If the immune system of the cat is weakened, it will not be able to properly “handle” the virus (bacteria) and respond to it. In the result of vaccination will have no effect, and in the worst case, the pet been ill with the disease, which he planted.
Animals with weakened immune systems get vaccinated are not allowed!
- Vaccination is carried out only clinically healthy animals. Inflammation of the eye or ear, dermatitis, fever, and even little cut – these are all valid reasons to postpone vaccination.
- It is not recommended to vaccinate pregnant and nursing cats, cats in heat, and during the period of quarantine, rehabilitation, etc. If you are not sure that now is a good time for vaccinations, be sure to discuss this with a veterinarian.
- Deworming takes 5-14 days before the intended date of vaccination, taking into account characteristics of the preparation used. Even domestic cats, have never visited the street may be infected with helminths. For a long time the infection may be asymptomatic. Waste products of helminths are slowly but surely hit the internal organs and entire systems. When infected by parasites persistent immunity cannot be considered. Therefore deworming for 5-14 days prior to vaccination – a mandatory measure.
Why for 5-14 days? This time is enough to make the parasites were removed from the body. Carefully read the instructions of application and speed of action of the selected funds.
- Before vaccination, the cat should not experience stress, because a stressful situation have a negative impact on the immune system.
- Not to create for the body a stressful situation, do not break the normal routine of the pet. To limit the cat in the feed or water prior to vaccination is not necessary.
- A couple of days before planned vaccination measure the cat temperature. It must be OK. If the temperature is above normal, postpone the vaccination and contact the specialist for clarification reasons.
- Contact a good veterinary clinic that uses high-quality imported vaccines. If you do not have this in mind, ask advice from a breeder, read the specialized forums and reviews.
- To deliver the pet to the vet is recommended to use a carrier. Even if the clinic is located next door, bring the cat to carry, not the hands. It’s much safer. Besides, in the queue to the specialist can be other animals that are configured unfriendly.
Of these actions and develops the training of cats to vaccination. As you can see, nothing complicated, but it is based on the little things most importantly: the health and safety of your ward.